To ensure you have the best experience, we recommend checking your system requirements ahead of time.
In order to ensure a high-quality experience, your computer/phone/tablet and internet connection speed should meet the following recommended system requirements.
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and microphone* – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth − Webcam* – built-in, USB plug-in *Webcam and microphone are only required for those speaking and broadcasting video.
To use the web platform, you’ll need:
- Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11 (with client)
- Computer or laptop with Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that is SSE2 capable and 512 MB of RAM, or a Surface PRO 2 or Surface PRO 3
To use on Mac, you’ll need: − Mac OS X, macOS 10.9 or later
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (coming soon)
- Intel processor 64-bit and 512 MB of RAM
To use on Linux, you’ll need:
- Ubuntu 12.04, Mint 17.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, Oracle Linux 6.4, CentOS 6.4, Fedora 21, OpenSUSE 13.2, ArchLinux (64-bit only) 7
- Chrome, Firefox
- Intel Pentium 4 processor Chrome OS Works directly through the Chrome browser on laptops and tablets utilizing Chrome OS (Chromebooks).
- Chrome − 2GB Ram iOS
iPhones and iPads
To use on iPhone, you’ll need:
- iPhone 5S or later
- Safari − iOS 11 or later
To use on iPad, you’ll need:
- iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad (2017) or later
- iOS 11 or later
Android (phones and tablets)
To use on Android phones or tablets, you’ll need:
Chrome Bandwidth Recommendations
The bandwidth is optimised to deliver the best experience based on your network:
- Participate with webcam and microphone: 2 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download − Participate with microphone: 1.5 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download
- Participate without webcam or microphone: 1 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download
To participate in a live session, please ensure that the location you are connecting from allows for the streaming and downloading of real time video.
- TCP: 80, 443
- HTTP: 80, 443
Cookies must be enabled in order to use the Online Learning Hub. Extensions or browser configurations that block or disable cookies may prevent participants from joining a live session.