Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards.
Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported whilst they learn.
This one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies your employees as MHFA Champions, giving them:
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
- An understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
Learning takes place across one day, through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
We have a number of open courses available to book. These are at a cost of £145 per person, which includes the following:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
*Discounts available for multiple attendees.
Get support with your HR today!
HR and training support for local businesses in the North West.
T: 07990 712008